Unilog is looking for a Software Engineer, responsible for Develop, create, and modify E-commerce Web Application. Analyze customer needs and develop software solutions. Customize software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency. Working individually or coordinating database development as part of a team.
The main roles & responsibilities:
- Modify/maintain existing software to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time constrain.
- A SE’s duties will primarily revolve around building software by writing code, as well as modifying software to fix errors, adapt it to new hardware, improve its performance, or upgrade interfaces.
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users, studying systems flow, data usage and work processes, investigating problem area and following the software development lifecycle.
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Analyze and improve application performance, reliability, availability, scalability
- Collaborate with distributed team of developers, QA engineers, analysts
Making Decisions and Solving Problems — Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge — Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates — Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
Getting Information — Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
Detailed Work Activities:
Modify software programs to improve performance or fix an existing bug in the software.
Analyze project data to determine specifications or requirements.
Collaborate with others to determine design specifications or details
Qualification, Experience & Skill Set Required:
Education: Any Degree with computer background.
Related Experience: 1.5 – 3 Years
Job Training: Training on application, code structure, architecture & Solr.
- Data base management system software – Oracle SQL
- Development environment software – Eclipse IDE ,Apache Maven
- Object or component oriented development software – J2EE, Struts 2,
- Web platform development software – Jquery, AJAX,
- Passion for Java development and design.
- Good understanding of Java frameworks including but not limited to Struts, Spring and Spring Boot.
- Good understanding of database systems and SQL Queries.
- Experience or strong passion for executing in an agile development environment.
- Hands-on experience with developer daily basis tools such as IDE’s, compilers, debuggers, profilers, version control systems, bug tracking systems, build systems, code coverage and automated testing tools.
- The ability to work with and within a full-stack server environment to ensure your changes execute effectively.
- Experience with modern unit and functional testing frameworks to test and support the testing of your code and the system as a whole.
- Desire and ability to quickly learn new tools and technologies
- Ability to proactively identify and solve engineering problems
- Good interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written.
Programming — Writing computer programs for various purposes.
Systems Analysis — Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
Systems Evaluation — Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
Complex Problem Solving — identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
What do we offer?
- Generous leave policies
- Sustainable work-life balance and flexibility
- Competitive salaries as per the Market and Technical Skill sets
- Good Career Progression
- Ability to work and explore and develop your technical skills