We are looking for a creative Lead DevOps Engineer, your role will include supervising junior developers, developing pipelines, deploying software and configuring and maintaining systems. Strong knowledge and expertise in DevOps solution strategy and delivery is essential.
On a given day, you will be responsible for monitoring the systems and developing & documenting standard operating procedures to streamline the processes, create and improve new and existing projects, platforms and transactions across Unilog’s customers.
The main roles & responsibilities:
- Understanding customer requirements and project needs
- Implementing various development, testing, automation tools, and IT infrastructure
- Planning the team structure, activities, and involvement in project management activities.
- Managing stakeholders and external interfaces
- Setting up tools and required infrastructure
- Defining and setting development, test, release, update, and support processes for DevOps operation
- Troubleshooting techniques and fixing the configuration issues/bugs
- Monitoring the processes during the entire lifecycle for its adherence and updating or creating new processes for improvement and minimizing the wastage of resources
- Encouraging and building automated processes wherever possible
- Mentoring and guiding the team members
Experience & Skill Set Required: 5+ Years
Specialist Skills & Requirements
- Managing infrastructure built on GCP Kubernetes environment & helm charts
- Experience supporting and maintaining a complex, multi-server, Microservice environment
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and related concepts.
- Experience with one/more of the monitoring tools i.e Telegraf, Nagios, Check_mk, Cloudwatch, splunk, Javamelody etc
- Experience working with management/tracking tools e.g JIRA, Confluence etc.
- Extensive experience with infrastructure provisioning and configuration public and hybrid cloud (AWS/Azure/GCP certified will be an added advantage)
- Excellent troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of various tools, open-source technologies, and cloud services
Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
Changing and Improving
- Encourage a culture of innovation focused on adding value
- Spot warning signs of things going wrong and provide a decisive response to significant delivery challenges
Making Effective Decisions
- Understand infrastructure issues and solve the problems by ETA
- Take ownership on infrastructure activity and complete without issue without escalation from client or QA
Collaborating and Partnering
- Actively build and maintain a network of colleagues and contacts to achieve progress on objectives and shared interests
Building Capability for All
- Coach and support colleagues to take responsibility for their own and implement new things(through giving accountability, varied assignments and on-going feedback)
- Establish and drive intra and inter team discussions to learn from experience and adapt organizational processes and plans
What do we offer?
- Generous leave policies
- Sustainable work-life balance and flexibility
- Competitive salaries as per the Market and Technical Skill sets
- Good Career Progression
- Ability to work and explore and develop your technical skills