With ever changing business dynamics, there is greater pressure to increase the quality of testing services while reducing costs, the demand for product quality is intensifying. This job role would henceforth, require proactive reaction to the rapidly changing market conditions and improve quality of the product by eliminating defects and enhancing quality while achieving and maintaining optimal levels quality.
We are looking for a Team Lead Test Engineer who is primarily mandated to plan, design, develop and execute testing in the software testing division.
This individual will collaborate across all departments of the organization to help improve the quality in all the business transactions.
This individual will demonstrate excellent analytical skills, high accuracy, attention to detail, and will contribute to a positive team atmosphere as an active member of the Software Testing division by providing daily support to the test management specialists.
The main roles & responsibilities:
- Team Lead-Testing- Primary responsibility will be to design and automate web application testing using Selenium WebDriver, REST API and Appium testing tools. You should be able to develop test automation framework and optimize the existing frame work as per the latest changes, TDD script and debug. Applies advanced knowledge of QA principles, methodologies, and techniques to test and assure the quality of B2B, B2C software. Leads sophisticated defect detection, problem solving and troubleshooting with software. Designs the overall testing plan and master test schedule for simple level projects. Performs in a lead capacity role within the team in making decisions for the quality assurance of the project / application. Recommends quality improvement initiatives for future application / project releases. Regularly coaches and mentors less experienced team members.
- Should be able to build frame work for mobile automation and integrate with current framework.
- Defining and executing system integration tests of connected products across supported platforms (iOS+Android+Web) to ensure end to end quality of product.
- Take ownership and responsibility for the design and development of all aspects of automated testing along with creation, execution and maintenance of automated scripts
- Analyze, design and build automated test cases based on system requirements and design specification.
- Understand functional content of assigned projects
- Work closely with the Business analysts team to understand the functionality and devise positive and negative test strategies
- Validate, Verify and Sign off on releases
- Understanding the definition and implementation of the test plan
- Managing the list of defects
- Providing test measurements to track and communicate test progress and defect status
- Ensuring test quality through optimization of test efficiency and effectiveness
- Guaranteeing that the test plans have been correctly implemented
- Being responsible for the different documents linked to the definition, monitoring and control of test and acceptance test activities
- Work closely with the client and other stake holders across the globe.
Qualification, Experience & Skill Set Required:
- Bachelors of Engineering with minimum 3 to 5 years of in-depth experience on automation testing in Agile environment.
- Strong expertise in Selenium web driver automation framework
- Experience with REST API testing automation
- Knowledge and experience in testing cloud based SaaS products.
- Strong understanding of Core JAVA and OO Concepts
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Ability to work with geographically distributed teams across multiple time zones
- Understanding of product development lifecycle with specific experience in using both Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Good overview of SDLC process, requirements specification, software development, and software debugging
- Good to have work experience in Selenium Grid Setup
- Good to have work experience in TestNG Framework
- Experience in Java Integrated Development Environment (eg: Eclipse IDE, etc.)
- Experience with test-driven development
- Experience working on technical projects within a team
- Knowledge of the use of version control systems such as SVN or git
- Ability to quickly research and learn new programming tools and techniques
- Results oriented and focused on meeting deliverable timelines
- Problem solving, analytical mind and positive attitude
- Experience in testing B2B websites, e-Commerce domain is a plus
- Understanding of the use of Responsive Web Design
- Experience of handling large data sets and scaling their handling and storage
- Experience with build tools such as Ant, Maven, and Gradle is a plus
- Experience with issue tracking product (eg: JIRA) will be an added advantage
What do we offer?
- Generous leave policies
- Sustainable work-life balance and flexibility
- Competitive salaries as per the Market and Technical Skill sets
- Good Career Progression
- Ability to work and explore and develop your technical skills