Product information management (PIM) is a critical component of your digital commerce strategy. Unilog’s PIM for eCommerce helps you manage all the information required to market and sell products through different sales channels, including your physical and digital branches or locations.
A PIM provides an efficient way to control every component of product information, including data quality, taxonomy, digital assets, and item relationships. From one place, you can deliver clean, accurate data to every touchpoint of your business, whether it be to internal systems such as your ERP or POS system, or to outside channel partners and marketplaces. Our PIM allows distributors, wholesalers, manufacturers, and hardgoods retailers to serve specific product information to certain markets or vendors for a personalized commerce experience. (Related article: Why PIM is Crucial to Every Distributor’s eCommerce Strategy from Digital Commerce 360)
Unilog’s product information management (PIM) for eCommerce provides best-in-class functionality with:
- Scalability to handle millions of SKUs
- Unlimited fields for product specs, attributes, and other item information
- The ability to manage accessories, alternatives, substitutes, and replacement parts
- Strong taxonomy management that can deliver personalized experiences by customer type
- Workflows to enable content flow from product engineering to post-sale service
- The capacity to manage multiple catalogs with built-in data quality systems and digital asset management systems
- Deep interoperability with site search, CMS, and commerce
Master Data Management (MDM)
MDM allows you to capture every detail of your products within the catalog. You can also add an item to the catalog, update the profile of existing items, and delete an item. The MDM feature includes an industry-vetted data model that contains every attribute a business uses to build to and load their products, including manufacturer, brand, pricing, availability/quantity, product dimensions, description, keywords, images, alternate product options, accessories, freight, and shipping.
“Unilog has leveraged its deep pedigree in data management to offer PIM capabilities on par with best-in-class standalone PIM solutions.”
The Forrester Wave™: B2B Commerce Suites, Q3 2018
Digital Asset Management
The Digital Asset Management (DAM) tool helps you organize, store, manage, search, retrieve, and share digital files related to your products. It also can create renditions of images to produce the specific size, scale, and compression needed for each distribution channel. Digital assets include images, documents, spreadsheets, videos, and more.